We finally got some serious snow! March is generally the wettest month here in Colorado and this year this proved to be true. All "winter" we have been enjoying the outdoors-- parks, walks, the zoo, etc. and have loved every minute of the nice, warm weather. After months of mild days it was a shock to the system to get hit with snow. Almost all of March we have been trapped in doors and this is not a good thing for the Maughan kids (or me for that matter). My kids love being outside and when this can't happen we all go nuts. If there is just snow on the ground we still go outside and play but when the wind is blowing everything off the deck (metal chairs, etc.) I keep the kids inside. I really can't complain but days without Dave around and snow covering the ground can lead to very LONG days. It's hard to stare into the eyes of two completely dependent kids who are looking back at you wondering what fun you are going to create next. This particular storm gave us about 2 feet of snow in just one day. It didn't stop all day, literally! The kids and I spent the whole day inside in our jammies. Once the kids were down I was sitting all alone watching tv and I felt really depressed because the much anticipated girls night of making bows and watching Twilight, at my house, was cancelled because of the storm. So sad! Just then my neighbor called and asked if I needed anything from Target (I couldn't believe they were going out!). I said no but asked if I could come over before they left and borrow Twilight from their daughter (she is in my Mia Maid class). I was pumped when they told me I could borrow it. I would get my Edward fix soon enough! This sweet neighbor, who was supposed call me when they were at my house so they wouldn't have to trudge through the snow, knocked on my door to deliver the movie. Then he kindly drove up and down my driveway so it looked like someone was home (they know how petrified I get when Dave is traveling). After they left another great family in our ward called to see if I was alone and if I needed anything. I felt so loved and taken care of. What a blessing to have such friends/neighbors!
We played a million different games and ate 100 pounds of crackers.
The following day I was out trying to shovel our driveway when who shows up, Karl Wiscombe (the husband of the family in our ward that called the night before). He pulled up in his truck with his snow blower in back. He told me to get out of the cold and go be with my kids. Thank you Karl and thank you Wiscombe family for making me feel so loved!
Later that day Zach went out to shovel off the deck. He was so tired after only a few minutes. He isn't used to shoveling snow that comes up to his thighs (and no those are not his sunglasses).


1 comment:
Wow Amber you sure are blog-happy today! Thanks for writing, it's nice to get the updates! I'm happy to hear your neighbors took good care of you during the storm, it definitely makes you feel a lot more protected when the hub is gone. Mark's on his first long trip (visiting his sick dad) for the past several months and it's sure been a reality check for me. Hang in there girl!
Post a Comment