Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Mark Maughan family comes to visit

So Mark, Meghan, Porter and Claire came to visit a few weeks ago and I haven't blogged about it because I failed to take any pictures worth blogging. So, I stole this picture of Meghan's blog (hence the "thanks Dave and Amber" caption on the pic). We had the best time with them and hated to see them go. Ever since Zach got his bunk beds he has longed for the day when Porter would come and sleep in "Porter's bed". Zach had a really hard time adjusting to his big boy bed so one of the tactics we used to keep him in bed was to say that Porter sleeps in a big boy bed and when he comes to visit he'll sleep in the top bunk. It didn't really work but calling the top bunk Porter's bed did. Anyway, we got a babysitter both Friday and Saturday night and went out on the town, just adults. It was fun to catch up, laugh, shop, eat good food, etc. One of the stories the babysitter told me was so cute that I have to write it down so I won't forget. It was really late for Zach, 7:30pm, when the babysitter was putting Zach and Porter to bed so I thought she was going to tell me that he fell asleep as she was getting Porter tucked in. Who am I kidding.  After getting both boys in bed the babysitter went downstairs and after a few minutes she hears the boys talking but can't make out what they are saying. A few more minutes pass and the boys realize that they aren't getting in trouble for talking while in bed so they start yelling to each other, "goodnight stinky Pete, Zach" and "goodnight stinky Pete, Porter" (Porter and his Dad say this to each other so that is where the boys got it).  Each time the boys said this to each other they laughed and laughed and laughed. After about 5 minutes the babysitter realized that they weren't slowing down so she went upstairs to tell them to knock it off. I'm sure Zach thought it was so great laying in his bed, with Porter in Porter's bed, yelling crazy things way past his bedtime. What cute kids! I look forward to many more cute stories like this.

denver+march+20093.jpg

No comments: