Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pool time

Monday afternoon had to have been one of the craziest afternoons with the kids. I am at a loss as to how to get them to STOP FIGHTING. Needless to say it drives me crazy and the only solution I have found is to get out of the house, immediately! So I decided it was time to hit the pool again. We got everything packed up and ready to go and then drove to the rec center only to find that it was closed for cleaning. I seriously wanted to chuck my stroller through the window. I was trying so hard to be a great, fun mom and it felt like a slap in the face when the rec center was closed. I wasn't sure if all the rec centers were closed for cleaning but I thought I would try another one mainly because we were all ready to swim and I didn't want to go home. Alas, we drove in the parking lot of of another rec center and it was packed with people. YES! We stayed and swam for over two hours and had the best time. This pool was great because it had a slide that was little enough for Julianne to go down-- and go down she did. The girl did not give it a rest the entire time we were there. She must have inhaled 100 gallons of water through her mouth and nose but it was never enough to make her stop. I was so glad we got out of the house because we had a great afternoon and I put the kids to bed loving them instead of wanting to throw them out the window. 


2 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

crazy to be swimming! love it, wish we could do it too!

Emily said...

They are so cute playing in the water, I can't believe how brave Julianne is!