Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last week's park days

Zach's good buddy, Jordan Moats, came to the park last week and the two of them had the cutest conversation. As I have mentioned before most of Zach's little friends are girls so when Jordan comes to the park it is a real treat for Zach to get to do boy things. At this particular park there is a basketball court that Jordan was checking out on his walk from the parking lot to the playground. When the two boys met up Jordan said to Zach, "Hey Zach, let's go play basketball!" to which Zach responds, "but I didn't bring a basketball." Then Jordan says, "That's ok, let's just pretend." Confused, Zach says, "I didn't bring one of those either." The look Jordan gave Zach was classic--he was completely baffled. Jordan must have decided that Zach didn't understand his question so Jordan asked it again only to get the same response. Then after not understanding one another they just started to run around. So next time I don't understand someone I'm just going to run. Could you imagine! I love the conversations kids have with each other. They get better and better as their speech improves.


I called my good friend, Lindsay, to see if she could bring a sweatshirt to the park because it was chilly and I forgot something warm for Zach. Well she couldn't have brought a better sweatshirt.  Zach has just gotten into the movie,  Cars  and the fact that this sweatshirt had Lightning McQeen and Maeter on it made it the coolest thing he had ever seen. We have been wearing it NON-STOP since this day. Luckily, we get to keep it until it gets too small. Thanks Lindsay! 

The boys finally made it to the basketball court and played pretend basketball. So cute!
 
This past Friday we went to Red Stone Park with a lot of my good friends and their kids. I brought bread for the kids to feed the ducks and this was the first time Julianne wanted to. She usually wants me to hold her but this time she was throwing bread at those ducks with a vengeance.

Just listen to Julianne's cute little voice each time she throws a piece of bread, "oh duck."

2 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

oh the cars days! so fun...i love that movie i think just as much as porter did!

i love the "oh duck" everytime juju threw a piece of bread.

The Ultimate Mama said...

"duh poo, duh poo!"