Monday, April 13, 2009

Mad skills on the dance floor

So the first time I ever really saw my kids "dance" was in California this past Christmas at my parent's house. Almost every time we are together as a family (my parent's, my 3 brothers, nieces and nephew) one night ends in a huge dance fest. Quick flashback: As teenagers we used to love to blast our "cool/hip" music and have my mom come in and bust a move. I know she had skills back in the day when the hustle and dances like that were in but when it came to hip/hop dancing her body could not move the way it needed to. My brothers and I used to make fun of my poor mom but inside all of us thought she was pretty cool for trying. Back to this past Christmas, my brother Dan (our official DJ) put on some great tunes and all the grandkids started dancing in my parent's front room. When my kids started dancing everyone started rolling (Warcup word for belly laughing). Unfortunately, Zach and Julianne got Dave's dance "skills." Almost everyday me and the kids put on music ("loud songs" which means fast, dancing songs in Zach's language) from the computer and go nuts.  I don't have a clip of them dancing from Christmas but here is them from this past week. I dedicate this clip to my Mom.

5 comments:

Team Millward said...

I laughed so hard at that. The best is Zach's face because he is so serious. And Ju Ju can just strut herself like there's no tomorrow. I LOVE her attitude..good luck!

Mark and Meghan said...

oh i love them. that was awesome amber..sad that they got the maughan boy moves! i love that julianne thinks jumping is dancing, and zach's arm moves are pretty sweet. i just might steal those! :)

love and miss you guys!!

Derrick and Angie said...

That was so awesome! I love Zach's passion while dancing! And how he can't stop to even pull up his drawers. That video is priceless! I love all your posts Amber! It makes me want to visit so bad and just catch up and let our kids play! Hopefully someday... Love ya! :)

Rangi said...

I thought their moves were pretty good! Of course you've seen my moves. YIKES! Who was that band? Love, Sara P.S. I feel the same as Angie, wish I could see you- your voice sounds the same!

The Ultimate Mama said...

This is so cute i can't stand it! No need to zip my pants-it's time to dance!