Friday, May 15, 2009

Updates


So it has been forever since I last posted and I wanted to put a few pictures up of some fun things I was doing, just me, a few months ago. The first thing was the indoor soccer team that I was on. It was a complete blast and it felt so good to get back into "shape". I had never played indoor soccer before so not only was I trying to remember how to dribble, I had to learn the rules and how to use the wall (which I never quite mastered). The girls I played with were tough, amazing athletes and so patient to allow me to "play" with them. We played for about 6 months but then had to stop due to expected babies, etc.  I miss the competition and feeling like a normal person, with "skills" and hobbies outside of motherhood. I can't wait to start the team up again. 

I will add, to boost my own confidence, that I scored about six goals the whole season which I was pretty shocked and proud of. We were definitely the skinniest team in the league but we sure could pack a punch and get teams fired up to the point of swearing at us, flipping us off and throwing us into the glass. It was awesome!

MAMMA MAFIA
So the other thing  I am involved with, and have been for about a year now, is a girl's night once a month. I have the privilege of getting together with the greatest, funniest and kindest girls in the world every month. We laugh together, to the point of peeing our pants, share funny stories, confide in one another and every month it lifts my spirit to no end to know that I have great friends who would do anything for me. What a blessing! So, the name Mamma Mafia came about the first official night out together. We were driving around trying to find our dessert destination and every time we would pass each other on the road we'd flash all sorts of "gang" signs at each other and from that came the name.


Last month we got together at my house and made bows. It was a fun night filled with LOTS of laughter, an almost unanimous obsession with our beloved Edward (from Twilight) and HILARIOUS stories.

This picture is from a past Mamma Mafia night when we went out to dinner then headed to Lindsay's house for stories, laughter and junk food.

No comments: