Julianne was all smiles in these pictures but when Dave and Zach drove away she realized she was not invited on their little adventure and was very sad. The saddest thing to see was the following morning when I walked in her room without Zach and she just laid there, very sad, and said "Zach go?" The entire morning she hardly talked or smiled; she was a totally different little girl. She really missed her brother. It was sad but so tender. The minute Dave and Zach pulled into the driveway Julianne was back to her old self. I guess amongst all the fighting they really do love each other.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited Zach (and Dave) were for this campout. Zach woke up at 4:45am the morning of the campout and ran into our room and asked if it was time to go camping. He didn't go back to sleep (not unusual) because he was too excited.
I can't even stand how cute and excited Zach's little face is in this picture. When Dave and Zach were leaving I tried giving them warmer clothes but Dave looked at me like I was crazy and said no. Well, well, well, it was freezing up in the mountains and poor little Zach kept telling Dave how cold he was. He had on every item of clothing I sent with him. Despite the cold, he had a great time.

Dave and Zach hit the sack earlier than anyone else 9pm (which is a long day for Zach 4:45am-9pm). I guess it had started raining and Zach was freezing so the two guys just chilled inside the tent talking and telling stories. How cute! Dave is such a good Dad and creates such good memories for the kids. When Dave asked Zach if he was warm enough Zach said, "My sleeping bag just keeps getting warmer and warmer and warmer."

Once Zach fell asleep he was out cold until the morning, despite the pouring rain. The rain got so loud at one point that Dave woke up and couldn't go back to bed (bummer). All in all the boys had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year.

1 comment:
finally amber! i've been wondering where you've been. loved all the pictures and updates. cute little zach and the campout...priceless.
love kids in church clotehs too!
Post a Comment