Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The woman takes over...

So I am officially going to try and take over the responsibilities of our family blog. Dave has begrudgingly been doing it since our "blog debut" and I finally decided I needed to step up my game and join the ranks of all those "super-moms" out there-- you know, the ones that sew, scrapbook, cook everything from scratch (or cook in general), do fun crafts with their kids every afternoon and hum their favorite tune while going about all of these activities. Well, I'm not even going to pretend to put myself in the category of these moms but at least you will know what is going on in the life of the Maughan Family. I think my goal in this blog should be to make all the moms out there feel like they are doing better than at least one other mom (ME) in EVERY way. When I used to take dance classes at BYU I adopted this same type of thinking for myself. When the day came for each girl  to perform a rehearsed solo a few girls would get up and feel like they didn't do the best job or weren't up to par with the other girls and then I would take the stage and allow them to sigh in relief and say to themselves (as I am busting out the running man in my modern dance class) "Man, at least I am better than that chick! Poor thing".  So, without further ado, here is the new Maughan Family Blog (pretty background and everything)!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I'm excited to start reading some more posts! Love you guys!

The Ultimate Mama said...

YESSSSS! I LOVE pretty backrounds-and to me, you are a super mom.

mindy said...

I can't wait to see more pictures of your adorable family. And blog Mom's aren't real. They just post those things that seem exciting. Life isn't like that for anyone.

Katie Hendrickson said...

AMBER! I've loved your posts....it's so fun to see what you are up to. I'm jealous of the weather. It just snowed like a foot today!! I HATE IT!! Life looks wonderful for you guys.
P.S. I'm right there with you on the "not a cooking Mom"..;)