Thursday, February 12, 2009

A few snowy days back in December

So this is the first year I have taken my kids to see Santa. I know, what a bad mommy, but I just knew it would be a complete disaster. Zach is a pretty shy kid and up until this year I knew he would throw a crazy fit and not even sit near Santa. Well this year he was a little timid but he sat right up on the bench (keeping a little distance) and told Santa what he wanted, "chu, chu trains." Julianne on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with the crazy freak wearing some big, white stuff on his face. She is usually Little Miss Social, but not that day and definitely not with Santa.
Thank heavens for Dads! Dave is fanatical about shoveling every inch of snow off our driveway. The best part about this is that he lets Zach come out and help in the process. These two have the greatest time doing just about anything together, but shoveling snow is one of their favorite Father- son activities

Zach loves being outside more than any kid I know. It doesn't matter if it's negative 100 (how come kids don't have built in temperature gauges like adults?) The only bad part about his love for the outdoors is that he doesn't entertain himself that well so after 5 minutes he wants me to come outside and play with him. Most days I have no problem doing this, but on those freezing days, it's the last thing in the world I feel like doing. 


No comments: