Thursday, September 10, 2009

Zach gets a bike

A few Saturdays ago my friend Lindsay and I went garage sale hopping. Garage sales are always hit or miss, especially in Highlands Ranch, but on this particular Saturday I struck gold a few times. I found Zach a great bike for $5, a huge slide for $6 and some clothes for the new baby. When we were in Utah Zach couldn't get enough of his cousin Porter's bike so I knew it was time Zach got one too. I was too cheap to go buy a new one when I knew I could find a decent one at a garage sale. Well since then we (or should I say Dave) went out a bought Zach a sparkly, EXPENSIVE bike from REI because the training wheels on his garage sale bike broke. He loved both bikes but on this first day of riding his own bike he felt pretty cool.
Zach has had a helmet for a long time now and one day Julianne decided that she needed a helmet too. Weeks and weeks went by and every time we went out front to ride bikes Julianne would ask for her pink helmet. I felt bad each time when I had to tell her she didn't have a helmet. Then she would say, "Daddy buy me dat (that) when he det (gets) home." So we finally went and got Julianne her pink helmet. After all that she actually hates it and refuses to wear it. Stinker!

1 comment:

merathon said...

this one just made patrick and i laugh-- so CLASSIC dave! his kid's not gonna have some garage sale bike, right? :)