So one afternoon in July some of my friends and I headed to Chatfield Reservoir to let our kids enjoy a day in the sun. I was pretty hesitant to go at the time we did because it meant Julianne would miss her nap but I thought she would be fine for just one day. When we got to Chatfeld and started walking in the sand down to the water I looked down and my stomach started to churn. For those of you who know me you know that I am a serious "germaphobe". I don't like things that are or even seem unclean so when I saw all the geese and all the geese POOP in the sand I seriously wanted to turn around and go home! How bad and ridiculous is that! If I hadn't paid to get in I might have done it (not really). After clearing a bucket full of poop off the sand so I could put a towel down, poop-free, the day began. The kids had a great time playing in the poop infested water and sand and I enjoyed chatting with good friends. After a little while Julianne started to melt down so we packed it up and called it a day. The kids have asked to go back since but the poop was more than enough for one summer, at least for me. Sorry kids!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment